All of our centres are sun safe accredited by the Queensland Cancer Council.
- Outdoor activities will be placed in shaded areas where possible.
- During summer, outdoor activities are planned before 10am and after 3pm.
- Children and staff wear appropriate clothing influenced by the weather – always wearing sleeved clothing.
- Sun protection awareness activities are included in the program.
- Wide brimmed hats are worn by children and educators when outdoors.
- Families are encouraged to apply sunscreen to their child before starting their day at the centre. Educators will apply sunscreen to every child before being exposed to the sun.